Other Resources in Volunteerism
e-Volunteerism is directly connected to the Energize, Inc. free Web site at www.energizeinc.com, which is linked at the top of every journal page. One important benefit to journal subscribers is that the Energize site is the largest in the world for leaders of volunteers, offering more than 1200 free pages of information, links, and other resources. This means that the journal itself does not need to duplicate this wealth of continually-updated information. Instead, we welcome readers to tap into the ever-growing knowledge base at Energize.
Here is what you will find on the Energize site:
- The Online Bookstore where you can purchase over 80 books on volunteer management, from four countries. (Note that if a book we sell is referenced in an e-Volunteerism article, we will provide a hyperlink to the store for that title.)
- Sources for Information and Exchange around the world, including other periodicals, professional associations of volunteer managers, national and regional volunteer centers and similar resources, volunteer-related online discussion forums, blogs, podcasts, and more! This is also where you will find a very long list of Websites Where You Can Post Volunteer Opportunities in countries on every continent.
- Events, Courses and Awards is where you will find a calendar of conferences and workshops on volunteerism, by country (we heartily invite you to post your event, too); a list of academic courses, both at a school or online, including for-credit, non-credit, and certificate programs; dates for global and national volunteer recognition events; and information about awards to volunteers for which you can apply.
- The Volunteerism Resource Library is chock full of annotated links to accessible articles, free electronic publications, and Web sites with solid information on any one of 95+ subjects related to volunteer management or the field of volunteerism. New material is added every month.
- A popular area is Quotes and Collective Wisdom, where site users share all sorts of favorite quotations, stories, humor, parables, poems, songs for colleagues to use in speeches and presentations. Also in this area are real-life suggestions from colleagues on a variety of subjects, including "Great Recognition Ideas" and "Recruitment Insights."
- Energize President Susan Ellis writes a monthly Hot Topic on a timely subject (it's also provided as an RSS feed or podcast). Site visitors are urged to respond -- and they do! You can read all the essays she's written and what others have said in reply since 1997 in the Hot Topics archive.
- Finally, we offer a Job Bank for volunteer management positions (postings are free), both paid and volunteer internships, and a Marketplace area where vendors offer products and services targeted at volunteer program managers.
We hope this list demonstrates the scope and comprehensiveness of www.energizeinc.com and entices you to visit often. The homepage is updated weekly, including "News from the Field" items -- which we also Tweet (http://twitter.com/energizeinc).
More than 20,000 people have subscribed to the free Energize Monthly Update that is sent by e-mail in the first week of each month. You can, too!